Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Keep it simple


How simple the joys of Christmas really are. It's no wonder why so many of us anticipate and flourish in this wonderful time of year. What is it really, that makes this time of year so joyous?

It may be the reflecting that many of us do, on our lives, family, friends, trials and tribulations of a year coming to a close. For that matter, it may be the anticipation of a new year, a new beginning, a new hope. It may even be something as simple as the evident change in our environments, the weather maybe, peoples attitudes, or that feeling of grace and fortune that some of us are so lucky to feel.

I could not ask for anything more than my family provides me. My beautiful children, who make me smile,cry, and rejoice with pride and even laughter. Their innocence and simple beauty amazes me every day, NO REALLY, EVERY DAY. Oh yes, most of all, my superwoman of a wife. Gina is so driven and full of energy and hope. My wife manages to make each and every one of her days, a magical feat!!! It really is magic to me, how she manages our home and children. I know that I could never do it. Most days I actually feel guilty about putting in a long work day, leaving her home with our sometimes CRAZY little ones.

In the end though, all of life's trials are rewarded somehow. Through our children's accomplishments and happiness, impacting our friends and family through gestures of kindness and pure generosity, making someones day or life for that matter.

I guess Christmas is really a CELEBRATION OF LIFE, the way it ought to be lived. Life through acts of kindness,love and generosity. Life through grace, and the realization that there are bigger things out there for us, so most of the time the little things we let occupy our days, really don't matter much.

As I stood in front of my house tonight, looking at the thousands of Christmas Lights that illuminate my yard, I felt a true comfort in myself, knowing that in the end, despite the day I may have had, my family will still be here for me, my children will be running up to me with excitement and my life will simply reset itself, because of the re assurance I have in my faith in Life, Love and God.

I always hear the words my grandparents frequently used when I was a boy, "Don't worry, everything will be alright"

Enjoy this brief time of the year, the food, the laughter, the giving, the sharing and the love.

Should be like this all year long???? Right???

Love you all.

Chris

No comments: