Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Orange Santa- Hutto Texas

Just about a year and a half ago, I would never have thought to have the courage to participate in LIFE as much as I have. I've always had a good heart, inside, not much would peek out for others to see. Today, I feel as though I have been re-born thru the help, guidance, influence and support of my family and freinds here in Hutto.

I am a city boy ( NYC ), and I do not wear my heart on my sleeve naturally. I can be very critical, cynical, untrusting and short at times. I grew up in an environment wear preservation of the immediate family was the priority, and others who could'nt hang on, to bad. I guess thru the eyes of my children and the hopes and determination I have to give them a better life, I am inspired to change.

The other night, in the midst of picture taking with Santa, I was fortunate enough to watch the faces of many children approach this man who was giving them a glimmer of joy and hope. Many of these children were from homes and environments that were challenging to say the least. All of them had a smile on their face, all of them were excited about their opportunity to sit with "The Man".

What a wonderful thing it is to GIVE. To give of your time to people, people who truly appreciate each moment. It is fulfilling to the point of personal acheivment.

It is hard, to give of your family and personal time. It is hard to give a little of your finances. I will not lie and say that some days, I just do not have the energy.
All of this has a purpose. Giving yourself to others will only bring to you in the end.

No man can accomplish things alone. No child can grow by themselves.

Thank you to all the memebers of my church (Resonate Community) and all the people who helped out with this event.

Tonight and tommorrow we will be delivering the gifts that were so generously donated by the people of Hutto, to all of these families and children in need.

I am happy with the little difference I can make in the world these days, and only hope to have a greater impact on others in the days and years to come.

This regular guy, from NYC has seen the benefits and the hope in following in the steps the lord, without having to be a bible carrying, door knocking, over the top member of the Christian Church.

It really is refreshing...........to be able to be myself, scars and all, and not be judged for who I am by the people around me. How Cool is that????!!!

No comments: