Sunday, December 14, 2014

When does it end?

At 47 years of age, my brain has become lazy. Not lazy in a dumb way, but just plain lazy.


I wonder why it takes so long for men as they age to put serious thought together. Our goals, projects, dreams and ambitions suddenly take the back seat to the everyday cloudiness of life.

I see the sun at times, but instead of embracing it's warmth, I squint at its brilliance.

Its like so many movie scenes where a guy walks out of metaphorical dark room and at the moment he steps outside, he makes that eye squinting grim as to say "DONT LOOK AT ME"

Life lately has been best experienced when I've shared it with family or friends. How could I be my own best friend.

Do we always need something to take us away and into a different direction or guide us to a new and exciting place? Because I've tried and I can find those places myself.

I do absolutely adore my family and actually anticipate the moment I walk in the door and see the Love on their face and in their arms.


Maybe some of us feel that if the shades are open too wide, the Sun will shine it blinding brilliance on us and expose of for what we really are..............A simple boring, loving, routine driven husband and father that just wants to do good for his family.

But wait, should I not contemplate doing something good for myself?

Tough Question


Good night

No comments: