Saturday, June 2, 2007

Thats Life!!!

The Great Crooner, Frank Sinatra said it best, "Thats Life"!!!!!!! Whenever I come across this song or pull the CD out of my carrier, I prepare myself to be released at least temporarily from anything and everything that could be bothering me. My grandfather always tried to teach me the value in rolling with the punches and taking life as it comes, one day and one event at a time.

Nothing ever seemed to big of an issue to either one of my hardworking blue collar grandfathers.
Sick??? "You'll be Ok"... Tired???? "You had a long day, sit down and rest". Everything seemed so evenly paced and simple to them. I guess my Dad would say it best when something would not go his way, "Whatta you gonna do"? he would say as a statement, not a question. That's Life!!!

A quote at the opening of "True Romance" says.

" And til this day, the events that followed all still seems like a distant dream. But the dream was real and was to change our lives forever. I kept asking Clarence why our world seemed to be collapsing and things seemed to be getting so shitty. And he'd say, "that's the way it goes, but don't forget, it goes the other way too." That's the way romance(Life) is... Usually, that's the way it goes, but every once in awhile, it goes the other way too."

Sometimes for me the volume of everyday life is just turned up to high, and I need to hit the mute button and unwind to the sound of silence. Work, Friends, Family, just life in general has to be taken in small doses for me at times, that is how I function best. It is nice to know though, that when I am ready to put the CD back into the player, my friends and family are still there to sing and experience with me.

Take life one day at a time, absorb it, cherish it, and learn from it, fall asleep and arise in the morning to start the ride all over again. We complicate things so much in our lives. Remember and recall the good, forget the past, and dream about the future.

When my daughter Adrianna took the stage for her first dance recital rehearsal, and began to dance so simply to "Earth Angel", I choked up inside and had to hold back a tear. It was the first moment in my life that I felt "Pride" for someone so special and so much my responsibility. To see her happy and successful, meant the world to me, and instantly put me into the "simple life" mode of thought. These times are what life is all about.

I really do want all my friends and family out there to know that all of you that are involved in my families life at this time, make my life and my families life worth living. The times we share are unique and special, and have no boundaries. I truly love and enjoy the inspiration, laughter and experiences that we all may share. Believe it or not, we have created a community, a culture and a way of life for each other. So far so good, So far some sad, So far some challenges and So far so Fun.............That's Life!!!!

TAKE A LISTEN TO A LITTLE FRANK.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37-2O4XujoA







3 comments:

Unknown said...

okay. wow. That was very touching Chris. You blessed me with that one. I sure adore and love your family.

Gina said...

Alright with "That's Life"!!! I'm just kidding, you know how much you motivate and inspire me my love! :o)

Unknown said...

Well, I needed you yesterday Chris. I need a tough kick in the ASS telling me THAT'S LIFE AMANDA! :)But since my husband is so much like you, he did it!